This Flow to Side Crane+Crow is about 75 min. You will prepare your body with LOTS of twists and hip openings to practice Side Crane (otherwise known as side crow). बक = baka which means kind of heron or crane, according to Spoken Sanskrit Dictionary. Learn something new everyday, yogis!
Helpful images for iTunes listeners:
- Side Crane: http://bit.ly/pys_sidecrane
- Chest opening stretch used at the end of class: http://bit.ly/pys_cheststretch
- Baby Krishna tricks his Mom: http://bit.ly/pys_krishnaeatsdirt
In the springtime I think about Krishna because he is associated with romance, love, playfulness and enchantment with the good and beautiful things on earth. That’s why I included a brief story about baby Krishna’s playful trick on his Mom. He shows her his true godly nature in a way that is playful and silly. We don’t always associate lightheartedness with divinity or universal truths and the story is a good way to remember the adorable side of the cosmos. Namaste!
I recorded this intermediate level ~75 min. vinyasa podcast on March 25, 2015 at Carmody Rec Center in Lakewood (find my regularly scheduled group sessions here http://bit.ly/pysgroup)
Any questions or comments, please contact me (http://bit.ly/pyscontact)
Links to Music on this Podcast:
- Shanti – MC Yogi off Elephant Power
- Royal Krishna – DJ Drez
- by Marti Nikko & DJ Drez off Dreaming in Sanskrit
- Rag Shivrajani by Chinmaya Dunster off Land of the Buddhas
- Full Moon by Chinmaya Dunster off Land of the Buddhas
- 432Hz DNA Healing Music Uploaded by AMBASSiDOR EHANi